SSRS - Link to Open Outlook and compose email
SQL Reporting Services is a very powerful tool to build Reports.
In one of my projects, my client wanted to have a link in the report so that when user click on the link it open outlook and compose an email with a pre-define emails and subject so that user can compose the email and don't worry about recipients or subject line. This is how it can be implemented:
- Add a Text box control to your report
- right click on text box and go to properties
- Go to "Action" tab within properties
- Click on "Go to URL" option
- click on Fx" Button to the right side of URL drop down (see picture below)
- put this line there
="MailTo:" & "[EmailAddress]" & "?subject" & "[Subject Line]"
([EmailAddress] and [Subject Line] should be replace by email and subject that you like the email composed with